What is a scaffolding?
A Scaffolding, also called a scaffold or a staging, is a temporary structure to aid in the construction, maintenance, and repair of buildings, bridges, and infrastructure. Scaffoldings are also used in adapted forms for concert stages, viewing towers, exhibition stands, ramps, art projects, and grandstand seating.
Types of Commonly Used Scaffoldings
H-frame Scaffolding / Facade Modular System Scaffolds
H-frames are one of the most common forms of scaffoldings. These are also called us mason’s scaffoldings or double scaffoldings. They are normally used by almost all works in the construction industry: carpenters for ceiling installations, electricians for lighting installations, mason for plastering walls, painters for wall and ceiling jobs, and crew for the signage installations. Heard of Non-stop Workhorse? it is an amazing innovation of the scaffolding particularly on masonry scaffoldings that can save you a lot of time and money. To rent an H-fram scaffolding in Cebu, contact us.
Tube and Coupler (fitting) components also known as Steel or Tubular Scaffolding
Tube and clamp scaffold (commonly called tube and coupler scaffold) is a versatile type of scaffold consisting of steel tubes and clamps. The vertical tubes are connected to the horizontal tubes using right angle clamps. Diagonal tubes are also connected to the scaffold using swivel clamps to add stability to the structure. Tube and clamp is among the most labor-intensive of all scaffolding applications, and is therefore generally used only when high capacity, unlimited adaptability, and versatility are needed.
Needle Scaffolding or Cantilever Scaffolding
Each type of scaffolding has several components which usually include the following:
- the plate or base jack
- the upright or standard component of the scaffolding with connector joins,
- the horizontal brace or ledger,
- the transom which is the horizontal cross section,
- the brace which is diagonal or the cross section bracing component,
- the batten or board decking component used to make the working platform,
- the coupler or fitting to join components together,
- the scaffold tie hold the scaffold to the structure or building, and
- brackets which are used to extend the width of working platforms.